Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th.......O.O and Paul Newman

I love fridays, but I love Friday the 13ths better!!!

Something good always happens to me...today me and my neighbor are going to watch "Message In A Bottle" starring Paul Newman. And it is raining....something I love....and get good luck in......so now I have doubly good luck!!!! I feel bad for the people who get bad luck though....our gardeners came and did our yard and half way through it started pouring rain......they were soaked to the bone in 5 minutes.
So far nothing bad has happened to me but there is always room for that to happen. For instance my neighbor just called me saying she can't watch the movie with me she has to go to her shop......but we will watch it some other day.....in the meantime I will watch "The Sting" another Paul Newman movie.

So why the fascination with Paul Newman you might ask??? Well I am a medical kid and I cant go to camp...that is a normal camp. Paul Newman saw that there were many kids throughout the US that had medical disorders that kept them from going to camp. He decided to help. He created "The Hole in the Wall" camp. It enabled kids to go to camp free of charge and be around a full medical staff and do things that they normally wouldn't be able to do.

Last year I went to the Painted Turtle...it is another Hole in the wall camp 40 miles north of Los Angeles. It was fabulous!!! I had the best time...made many new friends and did things I never would have done elsewhere. I have a phobia of rope ladders and tightropes because there flimsy and they add on to my fear of falling. They had a high ropes course and that's what we did the first day. I had known one of the guys volunteering, from my hospital and his name is Pun, and he knew of my fear and what time I'd be doing the high ropes. He came and encouraged me while I did it...he kept saying " look a pi in the sky!!!" (we had decided my name for the week was 3.14159265, the first few digits of pi) Pun helped me across the tight rope and gave me a big hug when I came down.

I have signed up for the camp again this summer from July 3-7...over the fourth and my birthday! Well that is it for this text I have 25 min to clean up the kitchen or I'm in trouble.

TTYLXOX!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment